Category Landscape Posts
- I finally made it to Scotland this year with a visit to Argyll and the Black Mountains. Unfortunately the weather was far from kind on most days however the scenery was still spectacular. A few photographs from the trip can be seen below.
- A few images from a stroll in our local woods (The Forest of Bere). I was hoping to get more pictures of the butterflies that normally frequent the paths but there seemed to be fewer than usual so I tried more 'static' candidates instead! (P.S. I make no guarantee as to the correct classi [...]
- Yet another solitary flower post. This time of one of my all-time favourites the orange California Poppy! (Eschscholzia californica) I have fond memories from childhood of sliding off the little hoods that these flowers start with and then watching them open up. I planted seeds for this particula [...]
- Fire Rainbow, or to give it the more scientific name, 'Circumhorizontal Arc', spotted during the visit to the Horses at War display in West Sussex yesterday. These are apparently quite rare in the UK. The light aircraft just visible centre left must have had a pretty spectacular view! Wikipedia R [...]
- That time has come round again when the local woodlands fill with bluebells and I make my annual pilgrimage to photograph them!
- Following my failure (again) to get to Scotland this year I settled for a day trip to the Brecon Beacons instead. Weather could have been better but at least the lack of wind made for some interesting reflections on Tallybont Reservoir.
- I am pleased to announce the completion of a commission from the Southwick Estate to provide photographic images for their new web site www.southwickestate.co.uk. This was a prestigious commission for me and a great opportunity to capture images from around the beautiful countryside that makes up [...]
- It's that time of year again, the dying breaths of Autumn and the start of Winter. I had been trying to get out to capture the Autumn colours for a couple of weeks but the weather was always against me. This morning the conditions were perfect and these are a few images from a morning walk in the wo [...]
- I have started to go through the thousands of images I have in order to to get together some of my favourite landscapes. I have updated the landscape gallery here with some new additions as a start of this process. Given the temperature today the featured image seemed to be appropriate! One of my ne [...]